Friday, 10 February 2012

Commission Project Evaluation.

In creating this commission piece I wanted to explore the manipulation of felt and use of handmade dyes. I also aimed to create a contemporary installation which told a story of its surroundings.

I feel that my designs definitely deal with the idea of Wollaton Hall as a family focused site, involving the community, but I think that for a final commission my samples may need a little more experimentation and input from the local community as to how they can see themselves being involved with the piece. I like the ideas for further development of the commission, and think that a story could be created, linked to a route around the site, involving the pieces.

I am pleased with this work as I have  completed this project with a much clearer idea of the type of work that I am interested in, as well as the materials that I most enjoy working with. I feel that looking at graffiti knitting and creating interactive, contemporary craft pieces using fabric manipulation and stitch is something that I definitely want to continue exploring. I am by the idea of involving a community, and trusting that work can either be taken by or added to by others.  I still want storytelling to be a strong thread running through the centre of my work.

In my next project I would like to develop my ceramics techniques, still being interested in these themes, to create more permanent, functional pieces. I would like to work on my Photoshop, display and visualisation skills to help communicate my ideas better, as well as recording more of my thoughts.


















No comments:

Post a Comment