Tuesday, 15 January 2013

What I Did Last Week.

I've decided to start recording what I've done in the last week, on Mondays, so that I can see what I've achieved, and evaluate it, seeing what I need to do for the upcoming week. So here's what I did last week (not including the hours stressing over my dissertation!).






I did a couple of drawings working from the photographs I took over Christmas, focusing on composition and textures. I also spent some time testing out the stitches on my sewing machine, looking at how they could work against my screen prints, as well as putting together quilt shapes. I tested out a few natural dyes on yarn (so far I have tried coffee, tea, black beans and red cabbage). I've also been testing out designing my own fair-isle knit patterns to create textures (no photos of that as my camera has just decided to give up on me!)
This week I want to experiment further with natural dyes, finish knitting my patches and put together my work ready for the upcoming hand-in!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful experimentation. I just found your blog, will have a look around! x

    ReplyDelete