Saturday, 23 February 2013

Knitted Cushion.

As part of my project creating home-ware for children's rooms I decided to explore using fair isle and intarsia to knit cushions showing scenes that I have featured in my screen-printing and stitch, working from my drawings. The first image shows squares that I knitted, looking at how different pattern ideas that I had designed could be used to portray a landscape. The second image shows an intarsia pattern that I designed of Dartmouth castle, working from drawings and photographs. To develop this I would definitely use a more refined colour pattern, possibly dyeing my own wool to achieve more sophisticated colours, this experiment just used some cheap DK wool I managed to get. Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. I really like that pillow. What a fun use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was fun to design and make :D

    ReplyDelete