Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Swallows And Amazons.

If you've looked at any of my work from my final year project, you will probably realise I am pretty inspired by Swallows & Amazons was one of my favourite films as a child, alongside this and this. Have you ever seen it? If not you can find it here or read more about it here. The book is pretty awesome too, and is part of a whole series! Have you read any of them? Also, there are rumours going around that a new version of the movie is being filmed, I so hope it is true!
I took a few screenshots the other day to put on my new inspiration board (more on that coming soon!), and thought I would share them here. Does it make you want to watch (or re-watch) the film?

      ^packing to sail off on the island adventure always looked so fun, how awesome is the old typography            and packaging?!
      ^This looks like the perfect place to camp and escape from the world!
      ^ I love the mood of this film, and the feel of it all.
      ^The maps they draw are amazing, with the made up names they create for everywhere.


6 comments:

  1. ahhhh I absolutely loved this film as a kid. stumbled upon your blog via pinterest and then realised i used to be in spanish with you at college. . . el mundo es muy pequeño . . .

    N I C O L A
    @ohsokitsch
    #osk #kitschkid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that's so cool, hola! Yeah I'm obsessed with this film, its amazing! Hope everything is good with you :)

      Delete
  2. ^____^

    i had this dvd with the railway children on one side and swallows and amazons on the other... my parents knew how to quell my terrible tantrums. i'm really well. in which neck of the woods do you reside now? back in the shire of somerset?

    N I C O L A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, yes, I had this and Fairytale to keep me quiet! Ohh, thats good :) Yep, back in Somerset for now, with the whole yikes what should I do now I've finished uni!

      Delete
  3. omg fairytale was immense. oh no, it's really rubbish not knowing what to do. good luck! hope it all works out ok for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was awesome! Aw thanks, it will be fine hopefully I'm sure something will work out! :) x

      Delete