Thursday, 10 October 2013

Read at 21.


Making my goals for 22 got me thinking back to the books I read last year  and considering I only read 9 last year, I think I'll have to pack a lot more reading in this year if I want to read 22 while I am 22! But as I no longer have a university degree to work towards (just a full time job!), hopefully it will be achievable. 
I listed the books I read, along with a short review, onto Goodreads, which I have just gotten back into (it was fun looking back at the books I read about 5 years ago!). You can see my profile here and my books read shelf here if you are interested. Are you on Goodreads, or do you use something else to keep track of the books you have read? Have you got any books to recommend for me this year?

9 comments:

  1. thank you for the comment you left on my blog :)
    I read the 'one hundred old man...' book and really enjoyed it! The other books look interesting too, I may have to go look what they are about! x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Goodreads, but I never update my account! It's so sad. I'm a serial book reader/leaver. I start books and never finish them. I'm currently reading Mindy Kaling's book, though, and enjoying it!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too Cristina, I completely forgot about Goodreads for about 3 years, and was just using a post-it note on my desk instead, so thought I should get back to it! I've 'read' Mindy's book too, glad you are enjoying it, I LOVED it, listened to the audiobook version, it's so fun listening to her reading it, its like she's actually chatting to you!

      Delete
  3. You can totally do this- books are good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Erika! I just finished my first book today, I'm one step closer and 11 months to go!

      Delete
  4. I love Goodreads and could definitely recommend some books. What are your preferences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Aubrey! I'm not really sure what category it comes under, but I love modern books (trying to get into reading a few 'classics' though), it doesn't need a huge drama, something funny, or fun, preferably a cheerful book. I'm not a huge fan of horror or crime, but I'm willing to try something new! Can't wait to see what you recommend, thanks!

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of Goodreads until now! This is so weird, especially being a book addict. I will check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Stephanie, it's really useful for keeping track of what you have read and want to read!

      Delete