Sunday, 27 October 2013

The Big Knit.

After seeing the advert for the Innocent knitted hats this year I decided to join in and make some myself. I have been known to buy a smoothie in the past just for the cute hat you get, so I thought I may as well join in! You can find out about the Big Knit here, in case you were wondering the point of hats to fit on smoothie bottles (apart from the major cuteness factor!), it's to raise money for Age UK, helping to keep the elderly warm through winter. If you want to make some, there are a variety of patterns on the site, and you have until 31st October to get your hats posted in.
Oh, and while I'm sharing, I have a craft confession to tell you. I cannot make pom-poms. I tried a few different ways, many times, but each attempt ends up with small strands of yarn falling out everywhere. So, my hats have no pom-poms sadly!

6 comments:

  1. They don't need pom poms! These are so cute!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Cristina, glad you like them even without pom-poms!

      Delete
  2. Cute little hats for charity!!
    Same problems here with the pompoms. Want to make a scarf of pompoms for a party. I still hope someone can show me how....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, yes I thought it was a fun idea to help out the charity! Oooh, a pompom scarf sounds fun, I'll let you know if I ever figure it out!

      Delete
  3. I meant to do some crochet hats and totally forgot, I love your little hats though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianne! I only just got mine made in time! Its fun to make regular sized hats anyway though!

      Delete