Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Winter Garden.

If you've seen any of my nature posts before, you may have noticed, I love getting up close and zooming in with my camera (macro is the technical term I'm looking for!). So I went out last weekend in search of winter leftovers outside! I recently read The Secret Garden (I loved that film as a kid, and am not quite sure how I only just got around to reading the book). Anyway, reading about the children growing their garden reminded me how much I love how plants look just as they are starting to grow, or at the end of the year. I love how dashes of colour and growth peek out through the weeds and leftovers from summer. What is your favourite season for nature? I don't think I actually have a favourite season!





 

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Charlotte!
    I'm also a huge fan of The Secret Garden, both book and film, by the way!
    I must say, since I move to Finland, my favourite seasons are spring and autumn - they are both so colourful and vibrant. Whilst, winter is not that good for admiring nature's little details, as everything is covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly! Yes, the book is so good, I don't know why I hadn't read it before!
      Oooh, yes, I do love the colours in Autumn, and how everything is starting new in Spring! So many good seasons.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures, I especially love that first one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, glad you like them!

      Delete