Sunday, 22 June 2014

Sketchbook Sunday.

Finally! I am catching up with sharing my sketchbook pages again. I wanted to start with my first few doodles from a few months ago, when I first arrived in New Zealand. I decided that since I was brave enough to move to the other side of the world, I could be brave enough to fill pages of my sketchbook with scribbly drawings that  I don't really like (at all!). And actually, now that I look back on them, I'm glad I did, I like them more now I can see how they have got me towards my latest drawings, which I will share another day. 
If you've seen any of my earlier sketchbook posts you will have noticed I stick to drawing plants and flowers, with an ocasional tree maybe if I'm feeling crazy! But when I got to New Zealand I pushed myself to draw anything! Urban landscapes, houses, neighbourhoods, rural landscapes. It was tricky focusing on more than one thing, but fun. Have you tried drawing something other than what you are used to?





No comments:

Post a Comment