Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Dyed Sheets.

When I moved into our new flat a few weeks ago I had to buy my first ever mattress! So I also needed new sheets, and since I had been researching and being inspired by a lot of fabric dyeing I decided to dye my own sheets. A whole 8 metre length of cotton to sew into duvet covers, plus 6 pillowcases! I used Procion MX dyes and experimented with a range of dyeing techniques - painting, spraying, dip-dyeing and space dyeing. And now I have the most colourful bed ever, it's great!
















8 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty awesome sheets - I might have to try this out really soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fay, you should totally try it, so fun!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it really was, so awesome to just make a giant colourful mess!

      Delete
  3. These turned out beautifully! What a fun design. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristina Im pretty please with them!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are one adventurous soul for dyeing your own sheets! They turned out fabulous! So bright and cheerful :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, yes, the colours definitely cheer up my room, its great!

      Delete