Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Quantity Becomes Quality.

Since being back in Auckland I have been playing around with paints and dyes on a huge roll of paper we have hanging about in the house. I have been testing out techniques and using different materials to create patterns. I'd love to build up a collection of amazing samples that I can refer to whenever I need, but for now I'm playing about on paper, not being 'precious' and just seeing what happens!



 
"...just the act of repetition itself will bring enlightenment. That's the thing that always stuck out to me - the idea that quantity becomes quality. I always took it to mean if you do anything enough, if you keep putting enough effort in, eventually something will happen, with or without you. You don't have to have faith when you start out, you just have to dedicate yourself to practice as if you have it."

I love this quote (yep, another from Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham) and am trying to remember it as I make a crazy mess and lots of gross patterns that didn't turn out as I hoped, with a few cool outcomes thrown in there!

2 comments:

  1. 'huge roll of paper we have hanging about the house' ?
    that sounds awesome! lovely colors, equally lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is super awesome!! Useful for everything, samples, making giant notes, wrapping presents, making an indoor slipnslide! Thanks :) It is a great quote to try and remember!

      Delete