Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Some Instagram Faves.

I was thinking of doing a round-up of some of some awesome Etsy sellers, since I am hoping to set up my own shop soon! But then I realised that I have found most of my favourite handmade businesses through Instagram. There are some really awesome people on there, which is great for a quick dose of inspiration, kinda like Pinterest but for awesome businesses rather than dream homes or travel ideas!

 This woven art piece is by Alchemy, an awesome label by Belinda Evans, in Melbourne. Belinda creates some really cool pieces, working with textiles, jewellery and ceramics, the work is inspired by nature and landscapes, and all has a really calming colour palette. I love these botanically dyed tea towels (I experimented with natural dyeing at uni, and found it super tricky with lots of experimenting). There is an interesting story behind each product with everything being designed and created with sustainability in mind. You can find out more about Alchemy on their website, or check out their instagram!

I have seen a lot of makers working with concrete popping up lately, and I love Concrete Geometric, especially this plant holder octahedron. The marbled effect of the concrete is gorgeous! Based in L.A, Concrete Geometric have some really clean designs, using clever geometric (obviously!) designs. You can find out more on their website or follow along with instagram.


 Leah Duncan is always creating something new and amazing! I love the hand-drawn pattern on this screen printed cushion, Leah has a great style, and I love all the colour palettes she chooses! She has done some really cool collaborations, including these bedding sets with Schoolhouse Electric and this amazing jewellery range created by New Zealand jeweller Ash Hilton. Her website is here and she also has a super colourful instagram!

Do you have Instagram or any cool businesses to share? I love finding awesome new people! I have an account here if you are interested in seeing a lot of doodles and NZ beaches and adventures!



8 comments:

  1. What a great list of Etsy shops! I am especially loving the woven art piece...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome, so many amazing textures, it really is beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Awesome list! gorgeous patterns, clearly made by such talented people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its great to see so much talent out there!

      Delete
  3. What great shops! Other people creativity always makes me want to kick start my own. Those woven pieces are particularly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its super inspiring, and great to see so much variety out there!

      Delete
  4. Aww thanks Charlotte! I'm glad that you enjoy my work and sharing my journey on Instagram. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I love your work, and its great to peek on Instagram!

      Delete